Strony

Family Valentine Cards

Thursday, February 18, 2010

O.K. This may not be too exciting today...I'm posting a 'has been'!! I know, I know...Valentine's Day is so...YESTERDAY (and then some!)! But my goal is to post at least once a week and our house is just too busy this week for paper crafting...It's SCIENCE FAIR week! Need I say more?



I'm posting the Valentines I made for the kids. The were really fun to create. Papertrey Ink has a fairly new stamp set, "Top 10", that lends itself to listing reasons why you love someone. Needless to say, I don't have it and had to create my own version, which was actually kinda fun! I thought they turned out kinda cute, and wouldn't have to be just for Valentine's Day. I used a hodge podge of paper, punches, dies, etc. to create the front of the card which looked like this:


Next, for the inside, I made a blank list off the computer, distressed the edges, added a simple little Heidi Grace border, matted it with a coordinating paper, and my husband and I took turns filling up the list with things we loved about each child. It looked like this:


We shared these at breakfast and everyone got to hear one another's lists. I think they enjoyed it all. We had a great Valentine's weekend! Hope you did, too! Sorry for sharing "old news" today. Thanks for stopping in...I'll try to be more "current" next time! Wish us luck on the Science Fair!!
Geri

................................

Products:

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Star Prints), Will & Way (sentiment set) Heidi Grace

Paper: Cardstock, Papertey Ink, The Paper Company. Patterned paper, unsure (sorry)

Punches and dies: Spellbinders labels, Fiskars heart and star, Stampin Up circle, Cuttlebug font (Olivia)

Ink: Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Close to Cocoa (SU)

Other: PTI ribbon, Dew Drop embellishments, computer generated list and sentiments


1 comment:

  1. Very Cute!!! I could have used this for Josh's card... he just got a typed list in a card :( It was kind of a last minute idea, and I didn't have a lot of time to get creative!

    ReplyDelete