Strony

Melissa Phillips Photo Challenge - Joy

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oh, MY GOODNESS!! This card and I have been 'round and 'round! I could not get my hands and paper to cooperate with what my brain had in mind!! Finally...a finished product! It's for Melissa Phillips' photo challenge at http://www.lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/. Lots of pretty pinks and blues in this photo...with a dab of a pretty golden yellow.






It began as a long overdue retirement card, but as I worked on it, I decided it needed to be a long overdue "Contratulations...you're finally pregnant" card. (There's no joy like that one...I know all too well!) So, anyway, here it is...hope you like it. If anyone has a favorite gooey adhesive for floral embellishments that doesn't STINK, please let me know! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!!





................................................
Supplies:
Patterned paper: (Blue flourish) unknown scrap, My Mind's Eye, Paper Adventures
Ink: Versamark and PTI Hibiscus
Other: Comotion glitter embossing powder, A La Mode white emb. powder, K and Co. embellishments, Martha Stewart border punch, (ribbon) FX from Hobby Lobby, (chipboard and trims) JoAnn Fabrics

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo sweet...I love your darling card. What a wonderfully fun design and all of your details are perfect.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri: Finally got online. Loved your cards but especially liked the JOY card. Loved the use of the silk flowers as an added dimension. Also, the trims were so complimentary to everything else. Looking forward to your next creation with your bag of goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, all of them you have on your blog are. So glad I found you! Come visit me sometime too:) My favorite gooey, doesn't smell adhesive for any kind of fabric or ribbon is Beacon's easy flow Kids's Glue. It adheres anything very permanently when dry. I buy mine at Joann's. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete