Strony

Tattered Angels Dragonfly Tag

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ahhhh...The carpet is down! The house hasn't been this clean since we initially moved in when it was first built. I don't mean to sound materialistic but...having that nasty old carpet gone, and soon the old furniture with it, is almost like having a burden lifted...the chance to start out with a clean slate. I'm a lucky girl! The only thing better would have been putting hardwoods down and knowing I'd never have to go through that again!! But I'm quite pleased with my clean, smooth and creamy new carpet.

At the same time I was preparing for the carpet, I was working on submitting projects to PaperCrafts Magazine. I put in some long, late hours last weekend. I never seem to mind when I'm crafting, though. Late night creating was my bright spot between days full of cleaning, sorting, moving, etc. Of course, with no email notification by Friday, I'm painfully aware that nothing was accepted. I really enjoyed creating these projects though, so my work was not in vain. It was a shot in the dark anyway. The first project was a tag made using masking and/or spray inks. There were two categories this would have fallen under, one being the masking and one using spray inks. I really liked combining the two techniques, though.

This pretty dragonfly Screen Print (stamp) came with my Stamping Royalty prize package from Tattered Angels--a set called, Nature: Graceful Journey, along with matching Glimmer Screens (stencils/masks), 4 other Screen Print images, and Glimmer Mists. These Screen Prints or stamps are fairly large and the detail in them is really interesting and detailed as you can see below...


I combined applying Ranger Distress Inks (which are new to me and I am now IN LOVE with...thanks to a booth at Chicago CHA) in Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye, and misting with the Glimmer mists in colors of Key Lime Pie and Blue Skies...all while repositioning the mask a couple times. I really like using the distress inks with the misting--it creates deeper color while still keeping it sheer, and it blends so beautifully. I finished by embossing with the matching Screen Print (stamp) in Zing Metallic Blue over my initial masked dragonfly. I cut the bottom edge with my new EK Success Bracket Border punch, added the Papertrey sentiment and the K&Co jewels, then added a little snippet of Papertrey's Pretty Pastels paper to the bottom. My Etsy ribbon and Papertrey buttons topped the whole thing off.

I just love how it turned out and am anxious to do some more experimenting with the inks and mists. I made an owl (from the same set) tag which I'll probably try to get posted in a couple days. I would love to know what you think, and if you love dabbling in distress inks and mists like I do...I'd love to see what you've created with them.

Hope you are enjoying your day...the weather here in Indiana is absolutely beautiful...clear blue skies and mid 70's!
Thanks so much for stopping!
Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment