Strony

NOT a BLACK Friday...

Friday, November 23, 2012

There's nothing black about the Friday after Thanksgiving for me.  I'm not one to spend much time helping retailers get out of the red on this day...we just spend our time on a few traditions that celebrate that the Christmas season is finally and officially here!  We'll go pick out our Christrmas tree and get it in water, while listening to Christmas music that my favorite Christian radio station will begin playing 24/7 today!.  Our little town has the sweetest Christmas parade tonight.  Caleb will be marching with the band dressed up as Rudolph...he and his sax and all the other kids and their instruments will be decked out in battery operated lights!  My family drives up to join us for the parade and we all enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers together after.  Shortly after the parade, there are fireworks we can watch right out on our front porch, with hot cocoa and cranberry tea in hand!  AND...the lights are all on the house and ready to plug in as soon as it gets dark!!!  It's one of my favorite days of the year...nuttin' black about it...just merry and bright...


I have a card up on the Precious Remembrance blog celebrating this festive and bright Friday...


Zip on over if you would like to check it out.  If you care to leave a comment, you have to click on the post title, and that loads the page with the comment space at the bottom.  I've had a couple people ask on previous cards (and I had to ask myself!).  Whatever you are doing with your day...I hope you enjoy it!  People in the States...be careful...and BE NICE...you know somebody is watching!!!
Thanks for popping in!
~Geri~

12 comments:

  1. Love these pastels. Really adorable card Geri. Have fun at the parade..hoping you have wonderful weather. We have 40/50 mph winds and 20 degrees.A drastic change from a Wonderful Thanksgiving of 68 and calm. We too...home and cozy, our parade is next weekend, I love the music and the festivities. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a wonderful day you have planned. You guys must have been extremely busy for the last couple weeks to be ready for this. I managed to pull out Christmas CDs yesterday. But today I'm online shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card, my friend! Your plans sound fabulous! What a fun day ahead for you! Turkey leftovers are my favorite! lol Thank you so much for your super sweet comment! I sure do appreciate you, and I am very Thankful too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Geri sounds like I wonderful day, right up my alley! I want no part of black Friday either. We snuggle in and enjoy yummy Thanksgiving leftovers. Love the colors and sweet details on your festive card!

    Thanks for your sweet comment this morning. I'm in northeast Ohio...not far from you at all! We're at 52 today with bright sunny blue skies, but a tad windy. We usually get your weather the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a "perfect" way to start the Christmas season to me. Enjoy!!!! Loved your card, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the non traditional colours, and what a fun layout! I love it.

    I want to be at HOUR house today!! Thanksgiving here is not at all the big thing it is for you guys, and we celebrated over a month ago, so we don't have something that kicks off the Holidays the way it seems a lot of Americans do this weekend. But what a fun day you have planned!! I have out my tree and hubby's tree up already and the girls will get theirs in their rooms after the sale next weekend... Have to borrow Emma's for our table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ps.... *hour should be "your"... iPad decided to have a tantrum on me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to pop over to get a look at the whole card and Geri; it's a handmade jewel:) I love the color combo and using fishtail banners and a doily is right up my alleye....Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will go check it out ! Your traditions sound like fun!! I don't go visit the retailers either, I set up my tree and went for a drive and relaxed!! I didn't step foot in the craft room either!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that sounds like an absolutely fabulous way to spend Black Friday, Geri! Sooo much better than shopping! I don't step foot into the stores on Thanksgiving weekend. Just not worth it to me. Your town sounds like they know what to do for the holiday!
    love the peek of your card. Off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the perfect day to me! We do not partake of all the craziness around Black Friday or any day related to it. And with the wedding that day this year it was perfect in Wisconsin with snow falling softly around the couple as they said their vows. Yes, it was outside! Excellent card btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such an eye for detail, color, layers and much more when it comes to your amazing creations! Keep up the great work and hope to see you back on PR's blog soon!

    ReplyDelete