Strony

~Fusion 16~

Friday, August 23, 2013

Hey, Everyone!  It's time for another fun challenge at FUSION!...


I've been looking forward to using a 'new to me' set from Hero Arts and put it to work for the photo inspiration side of the challenge...


I didn't have any watermelon images so I went down the 'citrus road' and added some yellow and orange in with my pink...still has a nice summery feel.  Had to embellish that jar...isn't the lace pretty?  It and the little wooden flower button came from Craftpon.  And the rest is a mix of this and that...scraps of paper and words from a couple different sets/companies for my sentiment (PTI and Precious Remembrance).


You can head over to the blog  for more inspiration, or click on the designers below to see what they've whipped up for this challenge which will be open for two weeks.  Hope to see you there!


I have a couple more projects below using more buttons from Craftpon (so many buttons, embellishments and findings there!)...


The flower button comes in a natural wood color.  For my jar, it was painted white and glittered.  For this card, though, I used markers to color the buttons and added matching Prima jewels.  I used some flower images from PTI's Beautiful Blooms that matched the button shape and added a few jewels to those as well. The rest of the images are from Precious Remembrance (Positive Thoughts, Journey, Mom and Dad), and the butterfly pieces are from Studio Calico.


Another Craftpon button was used to embellish this flower...


I thought some of the painted buttons would make cute centers for some bolder flowers, and I liked the way this one turned out...super simple card, too!


OK...I've kept you for long enough!!!  I appreciate you dropping in today and hope you have a great weekend!
~geri~

11 comments:

  1. That canning jar... pure summer sweetness. That bold bloom paired with lotsa white and an awesome sentiment... perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri, your card is wonderful! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! That first one is so soft and sweet, with the lace and twine and just the right bit of sparkle on the flower. Loving how you used those buttons, especially the one on the last card, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sweet summer card could not be any prettier Geri! I LOVE the lace trim on the jar, nice touch. And the glittery wooden bloom gives this just the right touch of pizazz!! Both of your other cards are pretty little numbers too. Hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the citrus filled jar & lace trim Geri. Fabulous cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but for sure the jar is my favourite, because I LOVE that you wrapped it in lace! What a delicious post full of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liked the filled jar card with the lace trim. Love the way you use those little wooden embellishments. They add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful cards Geri, the embellishments are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geri girl you have the most wonderful taste in embellies. There's no question that you know how to design a card. They're all amazing especially the first one that has me drooling. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS work, my friend!! I love the first card with the sweet jar! That lace is so beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE every single thing you do! These are gorgeous, Geri!

    ReplyDelete