Strony

~pretty in pink~

Friday, September 19, 2014

Hey, all!!!  I'm here today with a little Festive Friday inspiration to go along with the current challenge…already a week underway…


Now, I have to agree with a couple of the participants…I'm more traditional when it comes to decorating at the holidays…but this sure is a pretty color scheme to work with for something different.  I found some pretty (old) paper that was vintage inspired…I think it's Melissa Frances…some pale pink card stock and a pillow box template, and got to work…OK,…maybe 'playing' would be a better word…


…there was no work involved when it came to creating with these lovely colors!


This first one was easy…tied the trim around the box and embellished with a chipboard snowflake I already had on hand and an unused silver Spellbinder medallion die cut.  Finished that one off with the button and jewel.
The next one was a little more fussy…


…layered the paper on the card stock and added the doily and velvet ribbon.  Then came the Simon Says snowflakes.  (Those things would make a pile of cow poop look pretty, I think! They're so intricate!)  The center embellie is from a Hobby Lobby Spare Parts set.


I gave the last one a horizontal orientation with a half a doily, tied a little twine around it, and layered on the same snowflakes.  These dies are so easy to use, by the way, with the glittered cardstock.  Even though this pre-glittered paper is heavy…they cut fine using the metal shim, and the weight of the paper holds up better when it's time to pull your cut away from the rest of the paper.  They're so intricate, they're not the easiest things to glitter yourself…so I stick with the heavy pre-sparkled stuff!;)  You can see I cut a pink one and layered it under my top white one.  I liked just the hint of pink showing through.  A glittered button and pearl finished this one off!

And that's it…a basket of pretty pink pillow boxes to give away at Christmas!
You have until this Wednesday to get in on this pretty pink challenge at Festive Friday, and I know the team has more lovely inspiration waiting for you there!

Thanks for stopping in today!!!
~geri~



15 comments:

  1. Omgoodness, these are so gorgeous, Geri! I don't tend to use pink for the holidays much myself, but I really do just adore this look! So, so soft and pretty. And I totally agree with your comments about those snowflakes...they would look good on anything, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much amazingness here, WOW!!! TGIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! So many great textures, I would hate to unwrap a gift this pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are BEAUTIFUL Geri, love the soft pinks and the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aye yai yai I'll be putting that snowflake die in my basket. You bad influence. LOL All three are gorgeous. I especially like the hint of pink with the layered one. Let me know what brand the glitter paper is if it doesn't shed. Oh what a treat for the eyes this post is! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, ok you sold me on the SSS snowflakes if they are not sold out yet! Love that cow poop line!:)
    Ok this are simply gorgeous Geri! Non traditional but gorgeous just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, these pretty pink pillow boxes are delicious, Geri! The snowflakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what heart throbs these are...just a beautiful combo with lots of love attached.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is breathtaking; Geri you nailed the challenge!The photo inspiration is a chance toc reate something shabby and ypour pilow boxes turned out gorgeous. Love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeekkkkk!!!!! LOVE these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Geri these are sooooo pretty!! What gorgeous little gift boxes! You really outdid yourself on this challenge! I can't stop looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly lovely - these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete